This dish is one of our go-to meals for something quick, easy and tasty. This is also an easy recipe to buy everything organic.
Moroccan Stewed Chicken
- 450 grams boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
(We make a side of pine nut couscous with chopped dried apricots to go with the stew.)
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, place them in the pan and cook them for two to three minutes on each side, until brown.
- Add the zucchini and continue cooking, stirring occasionally.
- When the zucchini has browned lightly, add the chickpeas, tomatoes, chicken stock, paprika, cumin and cinnamon.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper, add garnish with chopped coriander. Serves four.
Recipe courtesy of Men’s Health Magazine