I found this recipe in Delicious Living, a free magazine we get a our local grocery store.We will be trying it for the first time this week! Sounds delicious.
Warm Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables
- 1 cup quinoa, well washed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into half-moons
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- ½ large golden beet, halved lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 2½ cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or pressed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425˚.
2. Combine quinoa, water, salt, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; then immediately reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15–20 minutes, until all water is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes; then fluff with fork.
3. While quinoa cooks, toss onion, celery, carrot, beet, and broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt to taste. Spread in single layer in baking dishes or on baking sheets. Roast in oven 20–25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
4. Meanwhile, combine vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, a pinch of sea salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
5. Place quinoa and vegetables in a large bowl; add parsley. Stir dressing and pour over mixture; toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide among bowls and top with crumbled feta, if using.
PER SERVING: 354 cal, 16g fat (8g mono, 6g poly, 2g sat), 0mg chol, 9g protein, 44g carb, 7g fiber, 285mg sodium