Need a vegetarian dish for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration? Look no further…
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1/2 cup soymilk or liquid nondairy creamer
- 1 12-oz. bag Morningstar Farms burger crumbles (or your favorite brand)
- 1 can vegetarian mushroom gravy
- 1 small can mixed peas and carrots, drained
- salt, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 F
Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender.
Drain and mash with the margarine and soymilk or nondairy creamer.
Add salt and pepper, to taste.
In a medium bowl, mix the crumbles, mushroom gravy, peas, carrots and spices.
Pour into a pie pan.
Top with the potatoes, spreading the potatoes to the edges of the pan.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are browned.