It was 80 degrees here yesterday. What better way to enjoy the warm weather than to grill out. Grilling is not all about finding the best meat and adding a side dish. Our new meatless grilling approach is to try different vegetables on the grill. The vegetables can be marinated in seasonings and marinades to your liking.
This time around our grilled vegetables included:
- Portobello mushroom caps marinated in balsamic dressing.
- Asparagus marinated in lemon juice with fresh dill.
- Broccoli marinated in olive oil dipped in grated Parmesan cheese right before it goes onto the grill.
- Seasoned zucchini and squash.
- We also roasted red potatoes with rosemary sprinkled on to it.
We have also grilled tomatoes, red and green peppers, eggplant, onions, yellow beets and tofu. All turned out quite delicious.
It’s time to think out side of the box when it comes to your summer barbecue.