Over all I would have to say this year has been an excellent year for us. We did, after all, welcome our newest addition to the family… Ms. Ava Rose. I feel comfortable saying goodbye to this year and very ready to start 2012.
In 2011 I made the resolution to explore my spirituality side and lead a healthier lifestyle for myself and family. By no means are these resolutions over. They will continue for the rest of my life, but at least this year I did get the ball rolling. I didn’t explore spirituality as much as I would have liked (goal for 2012…more focus on it), but I do feel like we’ve made great changes in our lifestyle.
- We have stopped eating meat and cut back on dairy products
- We eat more organic and local produce
- We now use eco-friendly/organic cleaning and toiletry products (store-bought or we make our own)
- We use reusable grocery bags
- We buy second-hand when possible
- We recycle
- We use cloth diapers or eco-friendly ones (love Nature Babycare products)
- We joined our local Nature Center to have another outlet to enjoy nature
- Mindful parenting
These changes, will of course, be ongoing. In addition to these I would like to add a few for 2012.
- Make our home more energy sufficient
- Have a more successful summer/fall garden to eat from
- Simplify our living by – organizing and getting rid of any unused items in our house, put ourselves on a more strict budget, etc…
- Spend more time in nature
- Explore spirituality as a family
- Start more family traditions around the seasons, holidays and for no good reason at all
So long 2011. Thank you for being good to us. Bring it 2012.
January – Lila turned 2 and I turned 30 something. We share the same birthday.
February – We welcomed a new pet into our family. Lila named the fish Happy.
November – Both girls wore matching sweaters for Thanksgiving.
December – Ava enjoyed meeting Santa for the first time. Lila did not enjoy seeing Santa for the third time.